NBA Trade Rumors 2012: Derrick Rose Calls Pau Gasol Reports 'False,' Declares ... - SB Nation

On Sunday night, a potential Carlos Boozer for Pau Gasol trade between the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers set of speculation around the NBA, but Derrick Rose says the basis of that rumor is false. After Kobe Bryant told reporters he wants the Lakers to make a decision on Pau Gasol, Spanish news outlet Marca reported that Rose had "given his blessing" to Bulls management to explore a trade for Gasol. SheridanHoops.com founder and lead writer Chris Sheridan then confirmed the report, saying Rose made it known privately that he wants Gasol.

Rose recently responded to those reports in a talk with Jon Greenberg of ESPNChicago.com, and said all of the talk is way off base:

"I heard about it after (Monday's) game," Rose said. "That's something I wouldn't say to anyone, that I need someone to come to this team or I'm trying to get rid of someone on this team. It was all false and that's something I would never do. [Boozer] should know, but I talked to him a little bit," Rose said. "But I think he already knew they were false, where it's something I wouldn't do to anyone, especially trade him to any team. It was all false."

"I'm good with the teammates I have," Rose said. "I've always been saying that. The team that I have, we've been winning games, and we're not in the position to look to trade anyone right now."

Head coach Tom Thibodeau also said the current group of players is ready to compete and that no trades are needed, but will the front office pull the trigger if a big name player is available at the deadline? Stay tuned.

For updates, stay tuned to SB Nation Chicago. For more in-depth coverage, visit Blog a Bull. News and notes from around the NBA are available at SB Nation's NBA news hub.

24 Feb, 2012


-
Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&usg=AFQjCNF4Nu62dNexS0ugf9w5uyAf-qRF0Q&url=http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bulls/2012/2/23/2819188/nba-trade-rumors-2012-derrick-rose-pau-gasol-reports-false
--
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.