That's What He Said



Jeremy Lin might be the #2 PG available in [the 2010] draft.
-Ed Weiland, May 22, 2010

H/T: Don via marginalrevolution

It’s not often we’ll lead with a link but in this case, there’snot much to saythat hasnot already been said.Read it. It’s one thing to pontificate about successes, and an entirelydifferent thing to predict it. Ed may well be the George Soros, John Paulson,and Mike Burry of the basketball world. And Jeremy Lin may in fact be the biggestthing since sliced (white) bread. Rap videos. Lin-finiteendorsement potential. Viralvideo skits. How big can #Linsanity grow before the bubble bursts?

Trust me, as an economist (does that inspire trust?) I canassure you that all this Lin hype is in fact a-bubb-lin. While I believe he’llsettle down as a good player, what happens when the lin-troductory promotionalperiod ends and he’s just an Asian-American point guard piloting another 50 winteam? Subprime gave us Simpson-Bowles, Dodd-Frank, and a real estate marketthat makes the Gulf of Mexico, BP-edition, look like a kiddie pool at SeaWorld. What will Jeremy Lin do for America?

My best guess would be more and better advanced statisticsin the game of basketball but I’m interested to hear your thoughts on thelasting implications of the J Lin experience, if any, in the comments below.Whatever it may be, I’m sure the NBA comes out a winner.

The Knicks play the Raptors tomorrow night. I could not bemore excited. Now tell me that ain’t #Linsanity.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.