Ashlee Simpson takes Wentz's name





Pop star Ashlee Simpson is changing her stage name after marrying rocker Pete Wentz -- she will now be known as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.

The newlywed has legally changed her name to Ashlee Wentz, but will perform as Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.

Simpson tells People magazine, "I think that that's something that a woman should do when they're marrying a man. It's a tradition that I think is a great tradition."

And Wentz admits he was thrilled when his wife told him of her plans, although he insists it was her own idea.

He says, "Oh man, I was like upgrade me! You know what I'm saying? The Wentz family, our Christmas card just got upgraded! It feels insane. It feels unreal.

"These decisions with Ashlee and her name are all completely up to Ashlee. I want her to do these kinds of things the way she wants to do them."

The couple wed in Encino, Calif., earlier this month.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.