"I don't know the definition of an item number" - Shamita Shetty




What is this song about?
This is a fun filled, peppy Punjabi number, basically a very groovy dance number

How did the song happen?
Well, the producer of this film is a very dear friend of mine. He came to me with this concept, it was very well organized and well prepared with the idea and the entire concept of the song, and they approached me with a mock video, which I totally loved. I also loved the song, it's really good and will be a hit amongst the listeners.

How was your experience while shooting for the video?
The experience was really good. I enjoyed my self a lot. It's not a hard core choreographed song so we were not under any kind of pressure and thus enjoyed our selves a lot.

How much do you think does a promotional song help a film?
I think the promotional song concept is really "in" right now and even big banners these days include promotional songs in their film and I think such songs do help in leveraging the film.

So, this song will be called an item number.
I don't understand what the definition of an item number is and how people tag a particular song as an item song. All I know is that this is a special song in the film which I am glad to do.

A small kid, Zain Khan is sharing the screen space with you in the song, how was your chemistry with the kid?
(Laughs) Well the chemistry is good. Zain is really good, a good dancer and the thing I like about him is that he is not at all camera conscious; he is a dynamite when the cameras are rolling. I am not working with him in the film but as much I saw him performing in the video, one can definitely make out that he is a great performer.

We haven't seen Shamita on screen since a long, when will we get to see her again? What projects are you working on?
Well, I wish I could sit here and predict my future and tell you when I am coming in which film but frankly speaking I don't have any thing right now in my hands but I am waiting for a nice and exciting script.

We have heard that you are coming out with your own production house.
Yes, we are coming out with our own production house probably next year so right now I am concentrating more on it.

Your sister Shilpa has been in news since quite a long time after winning the Big Brother title and the rumors of her getting married soon?
I think my Shilpa deserves every bit of success that she has gained recently and I am very happy for her and no, she is not getting married, we will definitely let you know when she plans it.


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.