Alicia Silverstone On The Green And Veggie Lifestyle




Women’s Wear Daily has a fantastic in-depth interview with Alicia Silverstone that covers everything from fashion to food to not believing one person can make a difference. Here are some of my favorite highlights:

“‘We all sit around talking about things we want to change, but unless you change, it ain’t going to happen,” says Alicia Silverstone. “I used to say, ‘What can I do? I’m just one person.’ It’s a lovely excuse but it’s a bunch of BS. Once I made the change I saw how powerful one person is.’”

“Among her favorites [for fashion] are Save, Loomstate and Stella McCartney. She buys socks and underwear from Gaiam and carries canvas bags by Anya Hindmarch and Alternative Outfitters. ‘I’m not perfect at all, I just try really hard,’ she says. ‘Just do the most you can. It’s not all or nothing.’”

“At home, old scripts make perfect paper for her printer and fax machine, while she reuses glass bottles, opts for cloth over paper towels and napkins and filters her water to avoid buying plastic bottles. ‘Every time you buy something, just think, ‘Where does this go?’ she says. ‘It’s not difficult.’”


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Powered by Blogger.