Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 by NBA Playoff Schedule 2012
With a month left until the NBA playoffs we take a look at the top five teams that have a chance to make a significant impact towards the NBA Finals. Plus a look at our true NBA playoff dark horse.
1.) San Antonio Spurs: Overall San Antonio has the coaching, talent and youthfulness to make a deep playoff run. Tony Parker, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Stephen Jackson, De Juan Blair, Kawhli Leonard, and Danny Green are just a few names who lead Greg Popovich's talent latent team.
Problem: Defense is not the same defense fans are accustomed to in San Antonio. Greg Popovich and the Spurs are relying more on their offense this season versus their defense and Duncan is entering his twilight years.
2.) Miami Heat: How can you deny LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. Miami Heat have been the odd on favorites to win the NBA Finals since losing an heart breaker last season in the NBA Finals to the Dallas Mavericks. LeBron James is the heavy favorite to win league MVP posting some of the best all around numbers in league history w/ 28 pts, 8 rebs, 7 ast, 2 stls and 1 block . Miami Heat's BIG 3 has been exciting to watch this season averaging over 100 pts.
Problem: Defensively the Miami Heat are vulnerable against larger more aggressive teams in the post. Joel Anthony has become an offensive liability. The addition of Ronnie Turiaf should help boaster the paint for the Miami Heat but the team currently has no answer in the middle.
3.) Oklahoma City Thunder: Should probably be ranked #2 on this list if Kevin Durant and company played in the Eastern Conference they would be odd on favorites to represent the conference. Russell Westbrook receives a lot of unwarranted attention for his play but OKC coaching staff and fans love the point guard. Sixth man of the year James Harden is playing like an all star averaging 16 pts, 4 rebs and 3 ast.
Problem: Turnovers have been an Achilles heel for the Thunder 15.3% of their possessions end in turnovers which is hurting their assists as well. A team with the likes Westbrook should not fail in assists and turnovers.
4.) Chicago Bulls: Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng lead a balanced attack on both offense and defense for Da Bulls!. Boozer who was struggling last season has rebounded and has become a vocal leader for the Chicago Bulls. Chicago's defense is tops in the NBA allowing only 89.1 pts per contest and the Bulls control the defensive and offensive glass with a combined total of 55 rebs per game. Bulls regular season record of 40-11 is #1 in the NBA.
Problem: Derrick Rose 2010-2011 NBA MVP has been hampered by a bad groin injury. While the Bulls have managed to stay consistent without Rose during the season the playoffs are a different ball game. The Bulls playoff potential rest on the health of Rose.
5.) Los Angeles Lakers: Kobe, Kobe and more Kobe his leading the NBA in scoring 28.9 pts per game.. Unfortunately The Lakers have been shaky all year but yet manage to be excellent at Staples Center where they are 20-4. Los Angeles traded away two mainstays in Derek Fisher and Lamar Odom changing the landscape of the basketball team. The addition of Ramon Sessions should help at the point guard position, finally a player that can handle the ball outside of the hands of Kobe Bryant. Bynum has been playing at an All Star level and his confidence in the post has increased.
Problem: Kobe, Kobe and more Kobe. Sometimes his offensive struggles can be harmful to the flow of the game which is why Mike Brown pulled the chair on him recently against the Memphis Grizzlies. Kobe has to trust his teammates more. The Lakers are terrible on the road this season playing below .500 away from Staples.
Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic: Orlando Magic dark horse but possibly not daring enough the Indiana Pacers on the other hand represent everything a dark horse should be young, athletic and no one believes them yet.
Dark Horse checklist:
Possible NBA Superstar- Danny Granger check.
Point Guard: Darren Collison check.
Inside outside game: Collison, Roy Hibbert and David West check.
Bench: Sixth Man George Hill and Tyler Hansbrough check mate...
Please leave all comments below or feel free to contact us via Twitter @JMCSPORTSBOOK or link: http://twitter.com/#!/JMCSPORTSBOOK
Category Article 2012 NBA Playoffs, Chicago Bulls, Indiana Pacers, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, Oklahoma City Thunder, Orlando Magic, San Antonio Spurs
- Kevin Garnett Still Has His Bite
- Donuts, 29. März
- Russell Westbrook and Creating "Luck"
- Heute vor...22 Jahren: MJ verbrennt Cleveland
- Rookie-Check (6)
- Gauging L.A.'s Chances in May
- Inside view of the 2012 NBA Playoff Race...
- Mailbox-Dienstag (6)
- NBCHF POW (12)
- Donuts, 26. März
- Trayvon Martin: For Trayvon Martin Justice must Ou...
- The Association: Denver Nuggets (4)
- NBA Eastern Conference: Milwaukee Bucks and New Yo...
- NCAA Sweet 16 Vorschau (2)
- Men's Basketball
- NCAA Sweet 16 Vorschau (1)
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Basketball
- Donuts, 22. März
- Power Rankings, Vol. V
- South Beach Case Study: Miami Before the Stretch R...
- Sanford Florida: Trayvon Martin the Kid in the Hoo...
- Donuts, 21. März
- Men's Basketball player pics
- Men's Basketball player
- Buyout Special
- Mailbox-Montag (heute am Dienstag)
- Thoughts on the Trade Deadline Deals
- What the Dealy: Lakers - Cavaliers
- NBCHF POW (11)
- What the Dealy: Nuggets - Wizards - Clippers
- Box Score Bouillon, 17.3.12
- What the Dealy: Spurs - Warriors
- What the Dealy: Nets - Trail Blazers
- Los Angeles Lakers: For Kobe Bryant and Derek Fish...
- The Association: Denver Nuggets (3)
- Trade-Deadline 2012: ein Überblick
- football attackers
- football attackers pics
- football attackers
- Synapsen-Roulette, Spieltag 77
- What the Dealy: Bucks - Warriors
- Trade-Geblubber, Western Conference Edition
- Mailbox-Montag (4)
- Player to Watch: Detroit Piston Greg Monroe
- Trade-Geblubber, Eastern Conference Edition
- NBCHF POW (10)
- Box Score Bouillon, 11.3.12
- Video: Absurde Alley Action
- In der Sackgasse
- Peyton Manning Enters Free Agency
- New Jersey Nets: Injuries Cost the Front Line
- Video: Windy City Assassin
- Box Score Bouillon, 7.3.12
- Clippers vermissen Billups
- Mailbox-Montag (3)
- Seattle Seahawks: Marshawn Lynch “Beast Modes” H...
- NBCHF POW (9)
- Box Score Bouillon, 4.3.12
- Gregg Williams message for Brett Favre "Kill The H...
- ▼ March (61)
- ► 2011 (5347)
- ► 2010 (3530)
- ► 2009 (859)
- ► 2008 (480)
- ► 2007 (58)